Kim uses Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) to help couples identify behavioral patterns in their communication patterns, resolve difficulties and reconnect.
Benefits of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- EFT is usually short term (8-20 sessions).
- Stop the dance of negative interaction and get re-connected.
- Learn emotional responsiveness to avoid communication breakdown and drama.
- A change strategy is created to modify reactions to emotional triggers.
- Clients once again see the goodness in their partner.
- Improves relationship and sexual intimacy.
EFT developed by Dr. Susan Johnson is being studied and practiced around the world and is recognized as an effective, evidenced-based couples and family therapy. It has been validated by over 20 years of empirical research. Research finds that 70-75% of couples move from distress to recovery and approximately 90% show significant improvements.* Studies indicate the results from EFT are generally long-lasting. Also, EFT works with partners who describe themselves as “unemotional.”